Job Vacancy: Head of Performance Analysis
Monday 7 September 2015
Newcastle Falcons are recruiting a Head of Performance Analysis. Read on for more information and details of how to apply.
Newcastle Falcons RFC are currently accepting applications for the full-time role of Head of Performance Analysis, based at the Club's Kingston Park Stadium. The successful candidate will oversee and deliver high-level analysis of both the team and individual player performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage all aspects of the Performance Analysis Department for Newcastle Falcons including; analysing team, individual and opposition performances.
- Provide coded footage from multiple video angles immediately after the game for coach use. Updating this with finalised team and
individual coding by lunchtime the next day, along with full
statistical report as directed by 1st team coaches.
- Ensure footage is available to coaches and players at all times.
- Maintain and update video and statistical databases for coach use.
- Track and monitor trends in performance, highlight and present relevant trends in review meetings.
- Technical set up and support on match day and team meetings, providing coaches with the tools they need for decision making and
- Be innovative in your approach to developing analysis systems and best practice for the benefit of the coaching staff and squad.
Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Sport Science, Statistics or related discipline.
- High standard of knowledge of Rugby Union.
- Excellent understanding of SportsCode Elite Software.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Excel, Numbers, Keynote and Powerpoint.
- Technical knowledge of video capture, conversion and presentation.
- Experience of working as part of a multi discipline team.
- Good communicator and listener.
- Organised and skilled in time management to aid planning of workload.
- Innovative approach to analysis in rugby.
- Managing and coordinating academy analyst and placement students.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities to a high standard.
- Establish efficient and effective workflows and work practices.
- Make effective and informed decisions in relation to the role as a performance analyst.
- Provide accurate coding and statistical presentation to coaches and players of Newcastle Falcons.
- Provide efficient and reliable technical and analytical support to coaches and players of Newcastle Falcons.
- Compilation of a full library of analysed material.
- Show initiative in the development of analysis skills and best practices to enhance the level of analysis at Newcastle Falcons.
All those wishing to apply should email a full CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with the subject line Analysis Application.
Closing date: Wednesday 16th September 2015
Interviews: Week commencing 21st September 2015
Salary: Competitive salary to be negotiated