Newcastle Falcons are accepting applications for the role of academy performance analyst.
Purpose of the role
• To provide performance analysis support to the academy in line with the club’s vision. The main focus of the role is on filming, analysing and presenting information for the coaches and players to use.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Record all academy fixtures and arrange for all other academy players to have their games recorded on a weekly basis (including DPP festivals/rep teams/uni/school/club games).
• Analyse all games in line with academy directives, providing individual/team footage, statistics and performance trends that can be used by the players and coaches.
• Maintain an up-to-date senior academy player database of all games, statistics and trends across the season for each individual England Academy Player that can be used for learning and development.
• Research opposition teams and produce preview and review material for games as required by the coaches, specifically aimed at AVIVA A League games.
• Provide reports and footage on identified local players in the associate academy and any players being scouted by the academy for review by the coaches.
• Manage and update an online website/web space so all academy players and their support networks can view all academy games, training sessions and presentations as directed by the coaches to promote off-site learning and understanding.
• Provide performance analysis support to the AASE Scheme at Gosforth Academy, including recording and analysing all their fixtures in line with academy directives.
• Manage and update the academy Dropbox and academy Facebook pages (or equivalents) as well as any other platforms for EAP communications and information sharing with their support networks, including individual player development activities.
• Manage and update an online sharing space for coach education purposes, including filming and uploading video footage from around the world to share good practice, promote the academy and to educate the wider rugby community.
• Liaise with Academy S&C coach and physiotherapist to monitor player game times as well as assist in any research projects, injury surveillance or player movement analysis.
Skills and competencies
• Experience working in a rugby environment.
• Experience of using Sportscode software and knowledge of analysis equipment.
• Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Initiative and creativity in finding and presenting information in a user-friendly way.
• Enhanced DBS clearance, first aid qualification and a full driving licence.
Those wishing to apply should email a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com .
Closing date – Monday 20th March 2017.
Interviews – Monday 27th March 2017.
Salary – To be discussed at interview.