Gosforth Academy has a strong and robust working partnership with Newcastle Falcons in delivering the AASE Scheme for the past twelve years, and is recruiting for the following position.
Vacancy - Rugby programme manager and lead coach
Required from November 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter) for two years.
Salary grade N6 £25,295 - £27,905 (Subject to final verification).
Contract type: Full time 37 hours per week (flexible to include weekends and evenings).
This is an individually tailored education and rugby programme for talented 16-18 year olds who demonstrate the potential to become professional rugby players.
The Newcastle Falcons Academy is one of the 14 RFU-endorsed Regional Academies based around the country.
The Sport at Gosforth complex opened in June 2011. This exciting facility comprises a synthetic turf pitch, six-court sports hall, climbing wall, fitness studio, refurbished gymnasium and dance studio. It also offers meeting/conference rooms, catering facilities and a café. The centre is open to the community for evening, weekend and school holiday use.
We are seeking a suitably qualified experience and enthusiastic individual to work with the Gosforth Academy Sixth Form team and Newcastle Falcons.
The role involves:
• Delivery of the AASE Scheme, the Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) and the Higher Sports Leaders award (or equivalent).
• Overseeing all rugby provision for Gosforth Federated Academies to enhance the community sports programme.
• Contributing to the further development of our community sports programme.
• Managing the Newcastle Falcons Rugby scheme.
• Managing rugby provision for Gosforth Federated Academies.
Candidates must have:
• Appropriate professional qualifications including RFU Level 2 Coaching Award (or equivalent) as a minimum.
• The flexibility to work unsociable hours (including evenings and weekends) and be able to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience working in a school sporting environment and / or experience working on a sporting development pathway, with a good understanding of coaching process, athlete mentoring and programme management.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
To receive an application form please email email@example.com . Applications close at 9am on Friday October 25, 2019.